Transform your team with inclusive & engaging programs.
Looking to add spark to your next team building or Town Hall? Take your next gathering to new heights with bespoke and interactive workshops.
Cathy has worked with leading organisations to develop HR & Comms strategies for sustainable growth. If you’re looking to drive culture, engagement and wellbeing, get in touch today.
Inclusive & Impactful Communications Training 🙌🏽
How much thought have you put into how your messaging is perceived? Does it go straight to the point with empathy and compassion? Or has your email or text been taken completely out of context?
Our lived experiences shape our values, beliefs and the way we communicate with one another. With our workplaces being more diverse than ever, this richness in this diversity is beautiful as it is chaotic.
This workshop will empower leaders and team members with the skills to communicate with empathy, tolerance, and social perspective-taking.
The result? Better collaboration due to increased sharing and receptivity to different ideas and ways of thinking.
Participants will enjoy increased creativity, better problem-solving, and the capacity to innovate.
- Understand the impact of our bias in the way we communicate
- What inclusive language looks like vs what it doesn’t
- How to consider diversity and inclusion in your content without tokenising
- How to shift to meaningful communications with visibility driving accountability
- How to unfreeze from “I don’t want to say the wrong thing” to feel empowered to have polarising conversations that shift the dial
- Importance of aligning your external marketing strategy with your internal one
- Bespoke, live and available in a variety of lengths from 60-90 minutes to two-day programs
- Fun and interactive: Audience participation is encouraged to create an interactive environment
- Scalable: From individual coaching to groups of 500 participants
Inclusive language guide
The Inclusive language guide is co-created with you for:
- Employees & Leaders: The guide serves as a resource for employees and leaders to reference inclusive language and improve communication skills to build connections and respectful relationships with colleagues.
- Marketing teams and Content Creators: The guide is the agreed-upon approach for our content creators as they ideate, design, produce, review and publish content.
A must for any organisation that wants consistency in language and messaging.
Communication audit, diagnostics & consulting
A comprehensive review of your communication channels such as website, intranet, collateral and newsletters with a DEI lens.
Part of the audit may involve facilitating focus groups and workshops to understand DEI sentiment across your organisation.
At the end of the audit, you’ll receive a scorecard & report with recommendations.
Additional programs for engagement
Improv(e) Leadership Workshops
Why do some companies succeed in adverse conditions while others fail? To remain agile, flexible and responsive to change requires improvisation (improv) — and it’s can be one of the most powerful business tools.
Build innovative and inclusive teams through discovering the art of improv.
- How to use active listening techniques and better questioning
- Use the power of movement and body language to harness creativity and team engagement
- How to lean into your instincts
- Build resilience and change the way you view and deal with failure
- Develop a process and culture of having fun
- Team building exercises (for 1 day + workshops)
Performance & Wellbeing
Maximise your team’s potential with research-backed strategies to improve employee health, manage energy and prioritise wellbeing as an antidote to fatigue and burnout.
Leaders will have a renewed focus on sustainable work practices and rituals for employee health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Learn how to create a positive workplace culture that balances business and human needs
- How to manage wellbeing in a digital age
- Learn how to confidently and respectfully engage team members and colleagues on wellbeing
- How to measure wellbeing and success at work
- Team project & presentation (for 1 day + programs)
Inclusive Digital Leadership
nCovid-19 accelerated the role of technology in how we work which makes belonging and inclusion even more important to build and maintain.
This program empowers participants to drive results and increase collaboration, connection and psychological safety in this digital working world — whether your workplace is hybrid or remote.
- The future of work and applying a digital-first leadership approach
- How to have inclusive conversations using the Human-Centred Communication framework
- How to create feedback cultures
- How to create flexible work enviroments
- Team project & presentation (for 1 day + programs)
Belonging & Connection Requires
Strategic Communication Inclusive Leadership Empathy Storytelling
You’re in great company 🙌🏽
Hi, I’m Cathy
I spent over fifteen years working in Human Resources, Corporate Affairs and Communications for large corporates advising on people transformation and strategy.
These days I enjoy taking my experiences and working with people across multiple industries and sizes, helping to transform employee experience through communication, collaboration and connection — which is so critical in this hybrid working world.
I offer bespoke inclusive leadership programs, coaching & mentoring and also a sought after keynote speaker.
If you’re unsure where to start with your people and communications strategy or just looking for an extra pair of eyes, I welcome you to get touch.
Cathy is a brilliant writer, has deep expertise in all things diversity and inclusion, is extremely professional, thinks deeply and critically, and is a fiercely fantastic woman who lives her purpose and makes the world a better place. If you get an opportunity to partner with Cathy, don't hesitate. I am fortunate to have done so and am hoping she continues to pick up the phone when I call.
Felicity Menzies – CEO, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant at Include-Empower
Cathy supported WORK180 with writing content focused on DEI along with working with our Storytellers to share stories from Endorsed Employers for All Women. Interviewing people from Australia, UK and the US, Cathy was quick to make her interviewee comfortable in sharing their journey, resulting in inspiring content. We've received countless compliments for Cathy's work and have enjoyed working with her.
Valeria Ignatieva CEO | WORK180 US/UK/Australia
Cathy is an exceptional individual and a pleasure to work with. Her skills in content strategy, storytelling and presenting are second to none. With deep knowledge in workplace relations and diversity and inclusion made her a very valued team member to have around the table.
Phillip Parisis – General Manager Products at Business Australia